Saturday, September 24, 2011

A week in September!

Joseph still missing school, but he manages to show up to take his exams.  His progress report came in via mail last week, with  A's & B's.  Praying that he keeps up his grades for his Sr. year. Makes me nervous to think college!

For the first time Claudia went to a high school football game with only friends.  I couldn't help but call her a couple of times and text her couple more.  She's growing up!

Claudia is also keeping up with her grades, she did a wonderful job these first six weeks ~ A's & B's!


Mica has been out from school sick with strep throat.  I have the kids use hand sanitzer, wipes with alcohol to prevent them from catching the flu, or common colds, but it's not enough .  I don't mean to complain, but parents with sick children should "keep your children at home!"

Mica has been such a champ, she made it to her Thursday, cheerleading class!  She loves it!
I hope she continues to love cheerleading, I found out that some colleges offer cheerleading scholarships!

Mica is now in Daisy's - Girls Scouts!  So we will be selling Girl Scouts cookies this year ;)!

My brother Paul completed his training for Family Mediator.  I am so proud of Paul because during this recession where alot of us have had to make changes, he created change for himself!  He's a real go getter, when the going gets tough, he toughens up! I wish him lots of luck on all his plans.

Mike is making a career change of his own, he has made some applications at oil companies.  The pay is very good, and while he will be away, he will be able to visit at least every other week.  Blessings cometh Mike's way!

Mom is doing well, both of us went to get blood work and she found that her potassium was low.  Which is a risk to her kidneys and heart.  I read up on potassium supplements, a change in her diet, and her exercise.  It seems that by her wearing a sweat suit under her joggers  when walking was causing to her to loose potassium with the releasing of excessive sweat.  She was also avoiding alot foods that decreased her potassium levels.  She omitted eating potatoes, watermelon, beans, strawberries; if she would eat it was in very small quantities because of her sugar and divercutitis.  But she is more cautious about this and has made some changes she feels better and will check her blood in about a month to see where her potassium levels are.

I'm enjoying watching my kids grow.  I must say it's been great to have Mica in extra activities, stuff that I would have like to do or I did when I was a little girl!  Joseph and Claudia did all kinds of activities and we  were always there supporting them through  little baseball league, soccer, Cub scouts, girl's league baseball, basketball, and guitar lessons.  Now it's Mica's turn!

1 comment:

SAYDA said...

I was looking at your other posts. I can't believe that Daddy is gone. Strange how life just goes on without us when we leave this existence.

Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. I was looking at some pictures of when Joseph and Claudia came to visit, one of the many visits. Aubrey and Claudia had their binkies. I can't believe our little girls are growing up. They were so little.
Every time I think that Anson will be a senior next year, it makes me think he'll be serving a mission shortly after that. Then I have a melt down. He is still my little boy! How time is flying!

We really need to make an effort in seeing each other more often. I hope the economy gets better soon.

I sure love you and think of you always. Wish we lived closer.